Designer- Landscape Maintenance
The Designer is responsible for developing high-quality enhancement designs for our existing and potential commercial Landscape Maintenance customers. This includes working with the branch team in order to prioritize the design needs. The position is responsible for site visits to capture existing conditions and a thorough understanding of the client’s needs in order to produce final visual designs. The position is also responsible for presenting concepts and designs to customers as needed.
- Manage design workflow to provide complete proposals before bid deadlines.
- Communicate with internal team members and external subcontractors regarding pricing and availability of plants, site furnishings, and hard materials in order to estimate costs and the timing of projects.
- Prepare, log, and distribute proposal packages to Area Managers or directly to clients.
- Track, change and possibly revise proposals within the expected time frame.
- Participate in regular branch meetings and complete additional duties or assignments as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Develop a clear understanding of the philosophies by which the company operates, the goals, and the financial position of the company.
- Develop good working relationships with the branch team.
- Ability to develop creative designs that are functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Ability to use design software, such as Realtime Architect, DynaSCAPE, Photoshop/Gimp and InDesign
- Extensive understanding of landscape installation and Landscape Construction methods.
- Thorough knowledge of plant material and best horticultural practices.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Ability to build strong relationships with subcontractors and customers.
- Ability to project a professional image and a positive attitude in all situations.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use PC and widely used business software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), and presentations (PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in design or architecture, and/or four years of experience in landscape design and sales. Professional certification is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste and or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work takes place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting or on a commercial or Landscape Construction site. The noise level in the work environment can range from quiet to loud. Generally, a 40+ hour week, but could require long hours, including evenings and weekends. Fast-paced and working under pressure is unavoidable. The position requires travel to the local branch locations in Northern Virginia including the Alexandria, Dulles and Gainesville locations.
What We Provide
- Salary Range is $55,000 to $75,000 a year based on experience
- Company Vehicle
- Medical benefits with dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work/life balance
- Family-oriented company culture
Ruppert Landscape is a commercial Landscape Construction and management company, a family-owned and employee-owned business, headquartered in Montgomery County, MD, with operations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Delaware, and Tennessee. Our mission is to provide opportunities for our people, take excellent care of our customers, and be good stewards of the environment and our community.
Ruppert Landscape is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Please send a design portfolio with clear examples of all abilities along with a resume.