Collections Specialist, Maintenance Division
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Laytonsville, MD, United States
Job Category: Administrative
Ruppert Landscape Maintenance Division is looking for a Collections Specialist responsible for monitoring and enhancing the accounts receivable process throughout the division to ensure timely collections. This role involves collaborating with branch teams, implementing process improvements, resolving unapplied cash issues, and contributing to overall administrative functions to optimize efficiency and support effective collections.
- Identify overdue accounts, collaborate with branch teams to ensure prompt collections. Direct communication with customers may be necessary, but will primarily be handled by branch personnel.
- Provide training and support to branch teams on effective collection strategies and customer relationship management.
- Conduct monthly reviews of branch collections efforts, highlighting any receivables that are aged or at risk.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of all collection activities, including communications, promises to pay, and payment history.
- Identify and recommend improvements to the accounts receivable process, striving to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Successful candidates will develop systems that optimize collections efforts, enabling them to tackle new challenges.
- Assist Branch Administrators in reconciling customer accounts.
- Track all 3rd party billing portals and associated costs.
- Collaborate with the Accounting department and branches to ensure the proper application of unapplied cash.
- Assist in other general administrative functions.
- Assist with compiling reports for weekly reporting.
- Assist with compiling reports for month end closeouts.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- Ideally, 1-3 years or professional experiencing in a similar role
- High level of business acumen and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product and prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in both team and individual settings.
- Strong initiative to proactively improve systems and processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Possess reliability, dependability, and motivation.
Work Hours: Scheduled work week is from 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. There will be a times throughout the year where you may be asked to put in additional hours as needed.
Compensation: Starting salary ranging from $45,000 - $65,000. Eligible for annual performance bonus of up to 10% of salary, based on personal performance and overall division profitability.
- Health, dental and vision insurance: Group health, dental and vision insurance is available for enrollment. The company pays a portion (usually 50%) of the cost of the premium for each insurance benefit and the employee pays the other portion with pretax dollars.
- Vacation Pay: One week of paid vacation for the first year; two weeks years two through seven; three weeks thereafter. Vacation days cannot be carried over from one year into the next.
- Sick/Personal days: Six days of paid sick/personal leave per year. Up to 8 days of unused sick leave can be carried over year to year for a maximum of 14 days in any calendar year.
- Paid Holidays: Six paid holidays include New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- 401(k) Plan: The company matches 35% of each dollar you've invested up to 6% of your salary (eligible after 90 days). All full-time employees over 18 years of age are automatically enrolled at an initial contribution rate of 2% of their pay on the first of the month following 90 days of service and are automatically increased to 3% after the first year. You may choose to opt out of the plan or change your contribution rate at any time.