Ruppert Landscape, founded as a family and employee-owned business is a leading provider of commercial landscaping services. The Company is known for its strong culture, dedication to people, and unmatched attention to the customer. Ruppert has organically grown to become a top-10 player in the industry through its dedication to exceptional professionalism and best-in-class operations. Ruppert currently serves over 3,500 customers and employs over 2,000 team members at 35 branches primarily throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeastern U.S. The company is organized around two divisions, Landscape Management and Landscape Construction.
Ruppert’s mission is to provide opportunity for its people, take excellent care of its customers and be a good steward of the environment and community.
We are a rapidly expanding, private equity backed industry leader, and have an immediate opening for an AR & Treasury Manager within our Corporate Accounting Department.
TITLE: AR & Treasury Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Accounting
SUPERVISES: 2 Staff
Ruppert Landscape is looking for an AR/Treasury Manager to optimize the cash cycle by overseeing and supporting collection efforts, adherence to billing terms, cash application activity, timely management of AR aging components and treasury functions. This manager will be responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting, timely reporting and long-term structure of the function to support the needs of the Company. S/he will provide reporting and analytics on their specialties to leadership throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the cash receipt source flow; recommend and implement appropriate receipt structure, systems and controls
- Develop appropriate KPIs and measurement tools on cash conversion and billing trends in a highly decentralized and rapidly expanding organizational structure
- Utilize performance data to recommend and influence change that drives reductions in the cash cycle and improved efficiency
- Implement metrics to measure staff performance, evaluate personnel needs and deploy a strategy to utilizing resources in the most efficient and effective manner
- Evaluate and recommend the implementation of customer credit evaluation programs
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are documented, understood by all team members, applied consistently, and updated when necessary
- Work with stakeholders to establish expectations for the timing and format of deliverables, and monitor the team’s performance over time to ensure that all expectations are met
- Collaborate with IT to ensure that all systems used by their team are functioning as designed
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts associated with AR, and other accounts as needed
- Provide periodic and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to Corporate, Executive and Division management
- Prepare cash flow reporting, reconcile bank accounts, and perform various treasury functions
- Assist with audit documentation and other engagement activities as needed by the Director of Accounting
- Assist in absorbing additional branches through all relevant functions and processes including branch splits and acquisitions, adjusting resources as needed
- Manage all treasury relationships including appropriate bank account setup and internal controls to protect company assets against waste and fraud
- Recommend controls, systems and procedures to increase department efficiency and value proposition to Company. Partner with Corporate and Division Management to implement improvements and ensure appropriate service and information sharing for best results to support operational needs and decision making.
- Develop staff to work independently and apply appropriate troubleshooting and decision making techniques within their functional role controls and procedures to ensure deadlines are met, reporting is accurate and company financial assets are secure.
- Hybrid position - mostly in-office but ability to work remote as needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Successful track record of leading an AR/Credit and Treasury function, including KPI implementation, in a multi-site environment
- Proven leadership skills building high-performing teams
- Change-agent with a demonstrated ability to champion/lead process change across the organization
- Results-oriented leader with the ability to set and consistently deliver on commitments and adeptly solve business challenges
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Planning/organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; confident presence and ability to present to various levels of management - from staff to Executive
- Organized and project management skills
- Strong customer service mentality
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust Proficiency in Excel and daily use of analytical tools
- The ability to master an ERP as a user and also in a support capacity
- An aptitude for process improvement
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character, with high moral and ethical behavior.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance (required)
- CPA (a plus)