Location: Laytonsville, MD, United States
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Title: AR / AP Specialist
Report: AR Manager / AP Manager
Purpose: This position will complete base tasks in an effort to support branch activity within the
accounts receivable and accounts payable departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deposit checks on a daily basis.
- Posting customer payments by input / posting high volume customer account payments
- Reconciling bank deposits and posted items.
- Maintaining the unapplied receipts report and assisting branches in resolving items.
- A/R Item Research
- Entering and verifying AP invoices
- Posting and reconciling branch checkbooks
- Managing vendor and intercompany branch communications
- Posting and researching of AP invoices
- Various projects related to process improvement and annual year-end activities
- Support for internal and external requests for information
- Working with the team as needed to meet deadlines and accomplish accounting goals
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP preferred
- Business Administration or Accounting career track preferred
- Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality and accuracy in reports and data
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work through interruptions and re-prioritize as needed based on company and department needs
- A customer service mindset is a must.
- 1+ year of AP experience preferred
- Must have solid organizational, mathematical, and analytical abilities
- Must be able to learn a variety of business applications
- Must have at least intermediate spreadsheet skills
- Personal attributes must include a positive attitude, hands-on approach, and the highest level of energy, enthusiasm, and ethics
- Position is Monday through Friday (8am-5pm) and will be required to work in the Corporate office
- Salary range is $37,000-$46,000 per year