Manager of End-User Computing
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Laytonsville, MD, United States
Job Category: Information Technology
Ruppert Landscape is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Manager of End-User Computing. In this pivotal role, the successful candidate will not only engage directly with our users but will also inspire, motivate, and mentor our front-line team. Exceptional customer service skills are a prerequisite, along with the ability to proficiently manage a compact team of agents. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and demonstrate hands-on expertise in navigating support ticketing systems.
The exemplary End User Computing Manager we are looking for will combine technical prowess with effective communication skills to comprehend and articulate solutions to problems. They must exhibit a customer-centric approach and cultivate patience in addressing user concerns. The preferred candidate will proactively champion process enhancements with a keen emphasis on standardization and scalability. Collaboration is key in this role, and the ideal candidate will be adept at working cohesively within a team, orchestrating efforts to resolve intricate issues, including providing best-in-class support for custom applications.
- Ensure the quality and responsiveness of ticket submissions are meeting and exceeding SLA expectations.
- Provide comprehensive training, coaching, and mentorship to team members, fostering their career development.
- Supervise staff activities, including scheduling employee working times and offering backup support as needed.
- Engage effectively with both internal and external customers to address inquiries and concerns.
- Deliver data metrics and report trends to the IT department and executives on an ad-hoc, weekly, monthly, and as-needed basis.
- Analyze ticket trends to offer valuable feedback for process improvement and enhance product quality management.
- Plan, communicate, implement, and execute on the agreed upon process improvements / enhancements.
- Develop knowledge-based articles and end-user documentation to enhance overall user experience.
- Evaluate and support agents in delivering assistance with minimal reliance on external resources.
- Coordinate and advocate for training and knowledge transfer initiatives as required.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with business leaders regarding SLAs.
- Manage the incident management process and spearhead communication for outages and emergencies to the organization.
- Oversee documentation from technical delivery teams to support help desk resources.
- Future responsibilities include overseeing Desktop Engineering and optimizing End User infrastructure.
- Take ownership of communications related to integration and onboarding for new users and branches.
- Assume responsibility for the support of the help desk ticketing platform.
- Manage IT asset tracking, focusing on reusability to control costs and adhere to budgets.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in supporting help desk operations, with demonstrated supervisory capabilities.
- Proven ability to strategize and implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Solution-oriented approach to both problem resolution and process enhancement.
- Advanced proficiency in Windows 10/11, Window Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Office 365, Azure.
- Logical thinking skills with the capability to synthesize input from technical staff and formulate effective action plans.
- Proficiency in managing relationships, particularly with high-profile customers.
- Hands-on experience with Zendesk or a comparable ticketing system.
- Skills in handling escalations from customers with tact and efficiency.
- Cultivates a positive climate for motivation within the team.
- Strong organizational skills and excellence at multitasking under tight deadlines.
- Continuous adoption of a solution-oriented mindset for both problem resolution and process improvement.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits with dental and vision
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work/life balance
- Family-oriented company culture
Ruppert Landscape is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.