Location: Laytonsville, MD, United States
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Ruppert Landscape is a commercial landscape contractor headquartered in Laytonsville, MD with 35 locations and 2,000+ employees. We are a rapidly expanding, $275M+ private equity backed industry leader, and we have an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant within our Corporate Accounting Department.
TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
PURPOSE: The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording and reconciling key transactions within the general ledger; supporting the Tax & Compliance Accountant with the preparation, filing and auditing of various tax submissions; assist in the preparation of audit supporting documentation annually.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare entries and assist in the monthly reconciliation and monitoring of assigned balance sheet and P&L accounts to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of reporting financial results to the leadership team.
- Administering the daily activities to manage the company’s corporate credit card program
- Prepare high volume and various audit document requests items to support the completion of the annual audit
- Support the Tax & Compliance Accountant with the preparation, submission and payment of various monthly, quarterly and annual filings including Sales & Use, PPT, Business Income, and Annual Reports in 15 + states and all local jurisdictions
- Assist the Tax & Compliance Accountant with the preparation of supporting documentation in response to various tax and compliance audits and appeals as needed
- Support the financial reporting team in ad-hoc projects and financial analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar accounting system is a plus